Which fibres can be shorn by HEUSCH textile shearing spiral blades?
Cotton, wool, silk, sisal, coconut...
Polyamide, polyester, acrylic, Spandex [Lycra or elasthane], carbon...
Why is the material shorn?
- To give the surface the desired look and feel
- To increase the color intensity
- To clean the material
- To open loops (for terry, carpeting, etc)
- To remove threads on embroided goods
- To smooth the surface
What affects the shearing results?
- The fixing of the spiral on the cylinder
- Number of cuts
- Ledger blade type
- The condition of the ledger blade
- The overall settings of the shearing unit
- The speed at which the fabric is passed
- Tension of the fabric
- The condition of the fabric prior to shearing